[phc-general] Debugging plugins

Satyam Satyam at satyam.com.ar
Thu Aug 3 17:32:24 CEST 2006

After years absolutely spoiled by fancy IDEs, I wonder if gdb is the best
there is and, even if so, how could I go onto debug a plugin which is not
loaded at the time the program  starts.   I can get used to gdb, like in the
good old days of command lines (after all I even punched cards) but how
could I put breakpoints in my plugin before it is plugged escapes me.   And
all these is assuming the symbols are being generated, which I don't know if
they are or how to do it if they are not.

By the way, if anyone has any sugestion for debugger, I have a Debian Linux
on a i86 machine.

Thanks

Satyam