[phc-general] Recursive parsing

Paul Biggar paul.biggar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:21:46 CEST 2007

Hi Mike,

Good to hear from you. I'm glad updating to HEAD wasnt to onerous,
especially since the documentation isnt done.

On 10/8/07, Mike Simons <ixulai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to disable recursive parsing?

I've just added some code to do this, in revision 790 and 791.
There are a few ways. If you're using a plugin, which you are, the
easiest way is to call

Pass_manager->get_pass ("incl1")->set_enabled (false);
Pass_manager->get_pass ("incl2")->set_enabled (false);

To test that this works, use the new --list-passes flag.

Finally, I added a --include option, which will recursively include
files if specified. This was effectively enabled by default, which, as
you point out, isnt a good idea. Its also semantically incorrect,
since include () and require () include at run-time, so the files
should not be included at compile-time, since they may change. We
might re-enable it for compilation, but that shouldn't affect plugin

Please let me know if you have any problems with any of these.

Paul Biggar
paul.biggar at gmail.com